Federal Police in Mexico seize almost 6 million U.S. Dollars from Los ZetasPosted on April 3, 2008
5 members of the Zetas criminal organization of the Gulf Cartel in Mexico were arrested after Mexican Federal Police found them with almost six million dollars in American cash and in possession of 4 guns. The arrests took place in Nuevo Laredo in the state of Tamualipas at the border of Mexico and Laredo, Texas.
Mexico's federal police arrested the following people...
1. Jose Alberto Martinez-Medrano (28 years old) originally from Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas. He is believed to be the one in charge of the money for the Zetas.
2. Juan Carlos Flores-Villareal (21 years old) originally from Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas.
3. Carlos Alfonso Hernandez (32 years old) originally from Minatitlan, Veracruz.
4. Juan Eliseo Ramos-Resendiz (18 years old) originally from Reynosa, Tamaulipas.
5. Jaime Yaen Gomez-Gutierrez (19 years old) originally from Nuevo Laredo, Tamaulipas.At the time of the arrests the subjects were in possession of 8 bags which had the approximately 6 million U.S. dollars. Four guns were also seized from the subjects. The guns that were seized were a Pietro Beretta .9mm pistol, a Smith and Wesson .45 mm pistol and two Smith and Wesson .40mm pistols.
This seizure is listed in the' "The Million Dollar Club" of Narcotic News.com.