Oxycodone Traffickers Arrested in MainePosted on December 10, 2013
On December 10, 2013, a two year investigation conducted by Maine Drug Enforcement’s Down East District Task Force, based in Ellsworth, has resulted in the arrest of eight people from Hancock County. With these arrests, a significant source for the illegal distribution of prescription narcotics in the greater Hancock County area has been disrupted.
In May of 2011, agents from the Down East District Task Force opened an investigation into the alleged trafficking of prescription narcotics (Oxycodone) by Michael Clark, 28 YOA of the Silver Lake Rd., in Bucksport, Maine. Through various sources, agents learned that Clark, and his associates, were supplying a significant amount of the drug in the Hancock County area. As part of the investigation, MDEA agents have made a number of undercover purchases of prescription narcotics from members of Clark’s organization.
On December 10, 2013, the following individuals were arrested as part of this investigation:
- Michael Clark, 28 YOA of Bucksport. He has been charged with Aggravated Trafficking in Schedule W Drugs (Oxycodone), a Class A felony. This charged was aggravated due to the fact that in excess of 8,000 milligrams of Oxycodone was seized in connection with this investigation
- Brandie Higgins 39 YOA Bucksport, Ellsworth, charged with Class B Trafficking in Schedule W drugs (Oxycodone)
- Joel Allen, 26 YOA of Orland, charged with Class B Trafficking in Schedule W drugs (Oxycodone)
- David Maguire, 29 YOA of Stockton Springs, charged with Class B Trafficking in Schedule W drugs (Oxycodone)
- Nicolas Maguire (brother to David), 24 YOA of Stockton Springs, charged with charged with Class B Trafficking in Schedule W drugs (Oxycodone)
- Wendy Cassidy, 31 YOA of Bucksport, charged with Ellsworth, charged with Class B Trafficking in Schedule W drugs (Oxycodone)
- David Vaughn, 27 YOA of Ellsworth, charged with Class B Trafficking in Schedule W drugs (Oxycodone)
- Christopher Newcomb, 38 YOA of Bucksport, charged with Class C felony possession of Schedule W drugs (Oxycodone)
In addition, MDEA agents, assisted by the Bucksport Police Department, the Hancock County Sheriff’s Department, the Ellsworth Police Department, the Maine State Police and the U.S. Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) executed search warrants on the residence of Michael Clark on the Silver Lake Rd in Bucksport, the residence of Joel Allen of Patten Pond Place in Orland and on the residence of Brandie Higgins on the Bucksport Road in Ellsworth. As a result of these search warrants, agents seized in excess of 33,000 milligrams of Oxycodone with a street value of over $40,000, along with over $35,000 in US currency, a number of assets which were either used in connection with drug trafficking or purchased with drug proceeds, to include, a Humvee, two ATV’s, a motor cycle, jewelry and other precious metals. All arrests occurred without incident.